Sleeper Mattress Options
Paladin offers two sleeper mattress options; An Innerspring Mattress and the Air DreamTM Ultra Sofa Sleeper System.
Innerspring Mattress (Available with ALL Paladin Sleepers)
Paladin uses a 5-inch premium Innerspring Mattress. Constructed to our specifications by a custom seating and mattress manufacturer to exceed that of the National Brands! The following are the specifications of the mattress.
- OVEN TEMPERED COIL INNERSPRING UNIT: 299 coils in a queen size mattress, 253 in a full. Oven tempering ensures the spring unit will maintain its shape and height even after being folded and unfolded in the mechanism.
- NON-ALLERGENIC, MILDEW PROOF, ODOR FREE insulator padding on top and bottom. This also eliminates spring feel and improves firmness.
- 5/8” THICK POLYURETHANE PADDING on sleep surface. 50% heavier than average. This ensures a comfortable sleep surface for years to come.
- QUILTED TOP AND SIDES. Other manufactures often offer plain or stitched side panels. Our quilted sides are the same as those used on premium residential bedding.
- HEAVY DUTY BOTTOM CLOTH. This aids in eliminating chaffing or rubbing where exposed metal parts meet the mattress.
- LACE TUFTING ties all components together and eliminates shifting of padding when mattress is frequently folded and unfolded.
- PADDED CORNERS for added firmness.
Innerspring Mattress Mechanism
- ONE-PIECE CROSSOVER LEG TUBE – provides extra durability and stability when the unit is open and is contoured to protect the consumer when opening.
- SEMI-TUBULAR HEAVY GAUGE STEEL PERIMETER – provides added durability.
- 12 GAUGE GALVANIZED HELICAL SPRINGS – provides additional support and durability to polypropylene seating and sleeping deck. Also, eliminate stretched helicals, which are common on residential units.
- HEADLOCKTM LOCKING TV HEADREST SYSTEM – prevents bed from being closed with raised headrest.
- NEWLY REDESIGNED SYNCHRONIZED PIVOTAL ACTION HINGE – allows for smoother operation, and eliminates sliding parts, which could damage bedding. Also allows for maximum clearance of upholstered arms while folding or unfolding.
- NYLON WASHERS IN CRITICAL RIVET JOINTS – reduce wear and ensure easy operation.
- ONE-PIECE FRONT LEG SYSTEM – ensures a consistent seat pitch from side to side.
- POSITIVE LOCKING LEG TUBE – allows the unit to be opened easily from either side of the mechanism.
- SOFA TILT-FORWARD FEATURE – allows for easy cleaning under the sofa.
Air DreamTM Ultra Premium Air Mattress
- The Air DreamTM Ultra’s core comfort element has been reinforced and improved to provide the maximum in luxurious sleeping and rugged durability.
- INCREASED COMFORT – a plush 11″ height offers the same plush dimensions and luxury feel as a premium mattress.
- INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY combines spring coil support with a cushioning layer of air.
- Air-cushion layer adjusts from PLUSH FIRM to SUPPORTIVE SOFT FEEL.
- Separated air chambers distribute body weight evenly for ideal ergonomic support.
- EASE OF OPERATION – embedded inflation/deflation mechanism makes operation one-touch simple with the easy-to-use hand wand. Inflates in less than a minute and deflates even faster for quick storage.
- IMPROVED DURABILITY – Ideal for hospitality settings with a heavier, ruggedly constructed air chamber. Resilient, tempered Bonnell low coils provide lasting buoyancy and support. Accommodates standard sheets.
- Available in TWIN, FULL and QUEEN size.
- TWICE THE THICKNESS – when compared to a standard sleeper mattress.
Air over Coil Technology
Twice the Thickness compared to a standard sleeper mattress
Air Mattress Mechanism
- DOUBLE-LOCKING TV HEADREST – provides added comfort by raising the upper body.
- CONTOURED SEAT SECTION – offers wider seating area by allowing seating close to the arm.
- BODY SUPPORT TUBES – enhance support in the body section to eliminate sagging.
- Pro-DeckTM two ply ballistic decking material enhances durability and visual appearance.
- OPTIONAL SEAT-SUPPORT WIRES – provide support while sleeping adding durability to the unit.
- DUAL ONE-PIECE ROUND TUBULAR LEGS – provide enhanced stability and strength allowing the unit to be operated from the center or side position.
- ANTI-TILT – a necessary safety feature, keeping the unit in contact with the floor at all times in the open position.
MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS
- At the core of the memory foam mattress is 3-1/8” Polyurethane Foam and topped with a 1-inch Viscoelastic Memory Foam
- Topped Quilted Onion pattern with ½ oz Polyester/Rayon and ½” of gel polyurethane foam for comfort
- Heavy-duty bottom cloth